Join us on November 3 from 8 PM to 11 PM for WPKN’s Alternative Election Coverage hosted by Scott Harris, Richard Hill and the Public Affairs team. While the main-stream media counts and prognosticates, we’ll be having in-depth discussions on a full range of issues from racism, labor, voter suppression, health care policy, and post-election movement building with a roster of guests from around the country including Ralph Nader, Code Pink co-founder Medea Benjamin, Daniel Ellsberg, labor economist Michael Zweig, economist Dr. Jack Rasmus and many more.
We’ll also hear reports about turn-out, lines or problems at polling sites around Westchester County, on Long Island and in southern Connecticut.
We suggest you mute the volume on your favorite cable news station and pump up WPKN so you can keep your eye on the horse race while you focus on the real issues we will face in the coming months.
WPKN’s Alternative Election Night Guest Roster:
- Dr. Liz Theoharis, co-chair of the Poor People’s Campaign
- Medea Benjamin, co-founder of Code Pink
- Dr. James Kahn from Physicians for a National Health Program
- Ralph Nader, consumer advocate and progressive activist
- Ruth Conniff, editor-in-chief of the Wisconsin Examiner
- Bob Fitrakis, Ohio-based voter suppression analyst
- Michael Zweig, labor economist and historian
- Jeff Cohen of Roots Action
- Dr. Jack Rasmus, economist and frequent contributor to Counterpunch.org
Plus special reports from our reporters at polling sites on Long Island, in Westchester Counter and Connecticut.