Position: Office Manager
The Office Manager is to perform assigned functions as assigned by WPKN’s Board of Directors and the Personnel Committee, in accordance with WPKN policies. The Office Manager has the delegated authority, responsibility and accountability necessary to carry out the day-to-day duties of WPKN.
The Office Manager must have the following abilities and characteristics:
- To handle multiple projects,
- Be able to prioritize tasks
- Keep track of deadlines in a busy environment with high traffic
- Must be resourceful and persistent
- Have the ability to troubleshoot problems, following through to resolution.
- Be polite, tactful, when dealing with Staff, Employees and the Public
- Communicate clearly, both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently, and as part of a team
- Cope well under the stresses of the position.
This role is part-time. It is anticipated that this would be 20 hours per week over 3 or 4 days per week. This will be mutually determined between the General Manager and the Office Manager.
Remuneration would be $18 per hour. There would be no added benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to the following.
- Oversee Administration, Billing and Accounts Receivable for Underwriting
- Ensuring timely production of monthly financial statements
- Cheque deposits
- Attend all pertinent meetings
- Confers with General Manager to plan and develop methods of efficiency in carrying out the duties of the office
- Support and enforce initiatives of the Board of Directors and the General Manager
- Keeping the General Manager informed of issues
- Answer Phones, photocopying, and filing
- Ensuring office supplies / kitchen / food / drink stock is ordered
- Managing Janitorial and other support staff
Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, and the ability to learn other software applications quickly.
Ability to type 45 words per minute,
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Associate’s degree. Experience in basic financial management; customer service; knowledgeable and comfortable with computerized systems; or any combination of education, training, or experience which would provide the knowledge required by this position.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Staff, employees, clients, and the general public
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following:
- Problem Solving
- Customer Service
- Safety and Security
- Oral Communication
- Judgment Dependability
All enquiries should be directed to Simon Hunter via [email protected]
WPKN, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, military status, sexual orientation or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.